Hi,

Aewyn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> As it works in coreldraw, inkscape or other tool.
> Again:
> designer's work is making documents with correct
> kerning pairs, so manual kerning is the job of
> designer's tool (here it is gimp).

We don't disagree at all except that I think that you are using the
term "kerning" wrongly. What you are asking for is a way to manually
adjust letter spacing between individual glyphs. Kerning however is a
corrective term for letter spacing that is stored in the font. If you
adjust the distance between adjacent glyphs in the text in order to
achieve typographical effects (or even to correct incorrect or missing
kerning), this isn't called kerning. It's what bug 125483 is all
about.

Sven