Hi,

Mike Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> This only works for sufficiently configurable window managers. Not all
> windows managers are sufficiently configurable. Which is why
> applications should be configurable to disable such hinting.

That is a redundant statement since, as we all know, the hints are
optional. I wonder what point you are trying to make.

At the moment the hints are not even enabled by default but I would
actually like to reconsider the defaults for 2.2. It would be nice to
get some feedback whether people are using the (toolbox-window-hint
utility) and/or (dock-window-hint utility) preferences and how well
they work or not work for them.

Sven