Hello gimp-gurus,

I am trying to create web navigation buttons with text on it. Of course I am
using TheGimp for it, but I have a problem:

The button should have a total height of 16 pixels and so I start with an empty
image of that height. Every time I use the text tool the resulting text looks
really ugly.
I already have a running web page where the navigation bar is created of text
links (only using the <A> tag) and the fonts rendered there are looking much
better (using the same height of course)

How can I create good readable font buttons?

Thanks

Ciao
Michael

---