Balas Mark wrote:
Hi!

I have just started to use Gimp 2.0.5, under Mandrake Linux 10.0. I have a really serious problem with the text tool.

If I do the following:

1. Start Gimp
2. Create a new image
3. Select the text tool
4. Click on the new image
5. Start typing any text

Both the image window and Gimp closes without any warning after the first 1 to 3 letters. The text I type do not appear in the "word processing" window.

Long shot here, but was the 'word processing' window the current window? Or was it possible that GIMP was picking up what you were typing and took it as some command, say exit??

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                            AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995