On Oct 25, 2004, at 5:06 PM, wim delvaux wrote:
I have an icon that consists of a blue ball with a light effect on it. The
light effect creates various shades of that ball's uniform color.

The edge of the ball is blurred and has an alpha channel that mixes the
shaded color to the background color (whatever that is).

What I would like to do now is change the base color of that ball to green.

I would generally use the Hue-Saturation tool for this (in Layer/Colors menu). Turn the 'Hue' slider to the left until it's sufficiently green.

You might also try the 'Colorize' tool in the same menu.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)