On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 01:46:09PM +0000, Alan Horkan wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Carol Spears wrote:
>
> > also, you can drop your own splash screen image in now:
> > http://carol.gimp.org/gimp/2.1/splash
>
> I thought you could already set your own custom splash screen by replacing
> the existing splash screen graphic?  What is different about how it is
> done now?

yes, because gimp can be built yourself on your own computer, you have
always had the ability to change any of the graphics it uses.  not just
the splash screen but also the icons the widgets use and images that
appear in the message dialogs.

however, gimp-2.1 or gimp-2.2pre as we are calling it now has this
ability to use user splash screens.  you put your image into your user
directory and name it gimp-splash.png (~/.gimp-2.2/gimp-splash.png) and
the gimp will find it.

so you dont even need to build your own lately.

carol