Sven Neumann wrote:
Hi,

Barton Bosch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Huh, I tried the Iwarp filter but it seems to be broken (GIMP 2.0.4
from the FC2 rpm).

It showed the layer in the preview window but regardless of any
changes in parameters it didn't alter the image at all.  Did I miss
something, is this a known problem or a mystery?

You missed the fact that you need to manipulate the preview by
clicking and dragging it. It isn't easily discoverable, I admit.
Patches to improve this or contributions to the help are of course
appreciated.

I was wondering whether the parameters were unnecessarily vague or I was just failing to grok the filter. Just now gave it a whirl and it is the filter for the task.

You're probably way ahead of me on this but wouldn't a larger preview window and an expanded UI (e.g., like the path tool) be great with Iwarp? Maybe implementing it as a tool rather than a filter would be in order as well?

Regardless, I've been doing some real work (TM) with The GIMP lately and I'd like to say thanks for the excellent app and all of the effort that goes into creating it, thanks a lot.

Ciao,

Barton