You could also grab a new rpm from a mandrake contrib repository -
there probably could be something more up to date for mandrake 10.0

But that won't give you GIMP2.2 anyway, neither will upgrading
toMandrake 10.1.
But building the GIMP from CVS on a mandrake 10.0 is not an authomatic
task, but not too hard. Just try the ./configure scripts, note down
what it says is missing, and install from most recent stable tarball,
each required software (or from rpm, if there is a compatible version
of said package) - the nice side of this is taht once you have
everything in place, you can always easily build the latest GIMP.

        JS
        -><-