Hi,

Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> I was wondering whether there is any way to apply the
>> filter simultaneously to all my pictures.
>
> Not simultanously but using a small script you can apply the same
> effect to a list of images.

I guess it would help if I posted such a script here. The batch
capabilities of GIMP could definitely be documented better. If someone
would want to contribute a tutorial for batch processing using GIMP
2.2, we would be happy to add it to www.gimp.org.

OK, here's the script. It doesn't register any menu entry and can thus
only be run from the command-line or the Script-Fu console. It would
be easy to let it register in the menus, but I thought I should keep
it as simple as possible:

;; batch-unsharp-mask  --  apply unsharp-mask on a set of files
;; simple batch script for GIMP 2.2
;;
;; call it from the command-line using a line like the following:
;; gimp -i -b "(batch-unsharp-mask \"*.png\" 5.0 0.5 0)" "(gimp-quit 0)"
;;
;; This script uses the file-glob plug-in which is not available in GIMP 2.0.

(define (batch-unsharp-mask pattern
                            radius
                            amount
                            threshold)
  (let* ((filelist (cadr (file-glob pattern 1))))
    (while filelist
           (let* ((filename (car filelist))
                  (image (car (gimp-file-load RUN-NONINTERACTIVE
                                              filename filename)))
                  (drawable (car (gimp-image-get-active-layer image))))
             (plug-in-unsharp-mask RUN-NONINTERACTIVE
                                   image drawable radius amount threshold)
             (gimp-file-save RUN-NONINTERACTIVE
                             image drawable filename filename)
             (gimp-image-delete image))