Hi,

John Culleton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> As it happens, Slackware and Knoppix (some versions) have Gimp but the help
> files are not included.  Either the maintainers of these distros don't know
> about the separate help files or they can't figure out how to install them.

The user manual isn't considered ready for general consumption yet so
it isn't surprising that the help isn't shipped with GIMP by default
yet. I hope that the GIMP help team will release a first stable
version of the manual soon.

> (Neither can I.)

Oh come on. It's as simple as unpacking the tarball and typing
'configure; make; make install'. If you can't figure that out
yourself, perhaps you should ask someone who isn't completely
clueless.

Sven