On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 04:49:07AM +0100, Manuel wrote:
> El Domingo, 30 de Enero de 2005 18:20, escribi?:
> > On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 09:34:12PM +0100, Manuel wrote:
> > > Hello, I'll formulate my question with an example:
> > >
> > > Open gimp
> > > Do some brushstrokes
> > > Now keep Ctrl-Z pressed (or the shortcut of edit->undo)
> > > Then keep Ctrl-Y pressed (or the shortcut of edit->redo)
> > >
> > > What you have seen is an animation ot the progress you have done in the
> > > image. Now, how can I save this progress as an animated gif or a set of
> > > images for each frame??
> >
> > all of this is easier with gimp-gap.  it has copy frames and can also
> > duplicate frames.  when you are finished, it can turn frames into one
> > image (xcf, gif, mng or maybe psd (psd untested by me).
> >

> You are the best GAP promoter!! :)
> I have thinked about doing it in GAP, but what I want is an automated way to
> do this, saving each undo step automatically. I answered to the list to other
> person what I'm looking for. Thanks.

i have a movie in which every pixel was made by gimp:
http://carol.gimp.org/art/sometrojan/

okay, it is not exactly the truth -- i used a few images from
photographs, but the animation and the bubbles and the Vegetarian
Chicken Ham are pure gimp.

sometimes, the art starts in learning the tools.  in fact, most of those
movies and stories about artists have them struggling to learn the
tools and even shape brushes and quills or what have you themselves.

please consider using the tools you can get for free.  if animation
fails you with the gimp tools that were made for making one image, try
out the tools made for animation.

carol