On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 11:13 -0800, Carol Spears wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 01:26:49PM +0100, Jakub Steiner wrote:
> >
> > In many cases people just want to convert their old work. They don't use
> > proprietary formats by ignorance, but simply because of a lack of option
> > and lock-in of their software.
> >
> you mean like "they cannot afford it" or "it does not work on my
> operating system even if i do steal it"?
>
> define "lock-in" please.

Lock-in as in "f*ck I'm screwed now i have to use Adobe products to have
access to all my work".

>From your standpoint they have made a poor decision for letting that
happen in the first place I guess. Some may have not known about GIMP,
some may have required functionality that isn't in GIMP. Some work in an
environment where Adobe products are simply the only pipeline used. In
the real world, people trade freedoms for candy.

cheers

--
Jakub Steiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>