Henrik Herranen wrote:
Manish Singh <yosh <at> gimp.org> writes:

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 08:19:29PM +0200, Antti MÃkelà wrote:

 (No lectures on the default 85 being "enough", thank you - it is not
enough, and I can clearly see artifacts on my edited digital photographs if
saved with 85.).

You do get the lecture from the libjpeg documentation:

   Quality values above about 95 are NOT recommended for normal use;
   the compressed file size goes up dramatically for hardly any gain
   in output image quality.

Who said Mr. MÃkelà would be happy with "normal use"?

So, what is normal use? Websites? What would be a good quality value for a jpeg used on a website?

--
Until later, Geoffrey