Matthew H. Plough wrote:

Andy,
Would you happen to have the original email? I don't believe that I have any viruses on my system; I'm running Thunderbird, Firefox, and the version of Symantec without the vulnerabilities that have just been reported. However, I'd like to see the headers on that email; while it's easy to forge them, there is always the possibility that I do have a virus and need to do something about it.

There is a very common virus passing technique beening used these days whereby an email address is harvested from a list archive and used to send a virus infected email to the list. So, that being said, it is impossible to determine if the sender of the virus without viewing the headers of the email.

If Andy could forward the headers of that email to you, that would be sufficient in deteriming whether it was spoofed or not.

--
Until later, Geoffrey