On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 01:00 +0100, cedric wrote:
> When creating a new document, we have two fields. I've always used the
> same value but if they are 2 it is certainly because there is one. So
> does anybody know in what cases X and Y should be different ?

Think about printable media (not just images for the screen). There are
many printers that can print at different densities in the horizontal
and vertical direction (e.g. 720 x 1440 dpi or 1440 x 2880) as there
highest dot density. So if you were trying to work precisly, pixel-for-
pixel, you might want to set the resolutions appropriately.

Cheers,
Malcolm