Gabor Istvan wrote:
Dear list members:

I've already asked this but haven't got any response.
How can I change a selection's (eg rectangle) size without reselecting again?
Thanks,
IG
You can increase or shrink the selection by a given amount of pixels with Select->Grow and Select->Shrink respectively.

Gimp 2.4 will contain a new select tool thanks to William Skaggs, but until then, there is no interactive way to resize a selection once you have done one. But there are many interesting option in the tool options to constraint the selection size or aspect ratio.

Sincerely,

Olivier.