On 4/30/05, Gezim Hoxha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm getting a little frustrated with fonts. Almost all of the authors
> (of nice fonts) either don't want you to use them for commercial
> purposes, want you to email the them _before_ you use it to get
> permission, want you to pay, or simply you don't know what the hell the
> author wants.
>
> So, my question is is there some fonts that I could get that are for
> _free_, meaning you don't have to pay anything, but also you can do what
> the heck you wish with it as well. Am I just dreaming or what?
>
> Thanks alot,
> -Gezim

I love fonts.  There are plenty of 'postcardware' type fonts where you
have to send a simple postcard or something to the author.  If you
like a font enough, I don't see a problem doing that.

http://www.robotjohnny.com/fonts/  >> Asks you send a 'toy' to his
addy.  I think that's funny.

Though here's the only site I've found where all are definately free
for commercial use.  Otherwise, I think you just have to search
through the licenses.
http://www.larabiefonts.com/fonts.html

--
Sara C. Schein