Von: Rikard Johnels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Gimp seems to be a VERY difficult piece of software to get going from
> scratch if you are a dabbling neewbie in compiling/programming

Yes. If you want something easy, compile a hello.c...

> Far to many depends that arent clearly stated.

Form Gimp-Perl's README:

"PREREQUISITES
[...]
Gtk, the perl extension for gtk+2
http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net
[...]
PDL, the Perl Data Language
http://www.cpan.org/
[...]
"

> I need gazillion libs installed and zonks of perl utils to even THINK of
> starting a compilation.

Yes. Your package manager will help you to get all of them easily, though
(if you don't have a package manager of it fails to do this easily, your're
using the wrong platform)

> And frankly.. It suck!

I'll refuse to comment on this, because all the replies I can think of are
insulting :)

HTH,
Michael