On 7/1/05, Michael Schumacher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Von: Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 01:53:56PM +0200, nuno alexandre wrote:
>
> > > when you want to apply other surfaces, you need to restart the
> > > application - and that's what I think its not acceptable.
> > >
> > well, what were you using and is this still an option to you?
>
> I didn't try it yet, but could adding and removing symlinks to the patterns
> directory be used as a workaround?

Sound logical, except if I recall correctly The GIMP loads brushes,
patterns etc. on startup.  Maybe if you refresh the palettes or
something [I know if you have a Script-Fu you can reload the
Script-Fus without restarting the app, but you have to go through a
menu so it's eaiser to click on the little line at the top and make
that particular menu permimantly float when editing Script-Fus], but
I'd doubt it'd apply for this considering we're talking about
restarting the application.

If you're looking for a solution, how about learning C++ [or whatever
GIMP's language is] and writing a patch yourself?

--
~Mike