Pasi Savolainen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> * Steven Woody <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>> See also: http://gimp-savvy.com/BOOK/index.html?node60.html
>>
>> when playing with level or curves, did you guys adjust each channel alone or
>> the overall combined value?
>
> I often take them by channel. It really depends on how well your source
> adjust image per-channel. My digicam, being pre-2000, tends to make blue
> channel too weak, so it's 'white' point is much lower than red&blue.
>
> I can't really tell if operating on 'grand total' would produce same
> result, it is a matter of convenience of knowing what is happening that
> I'm after.

when i worked on individul channels, i always got color cast. i just can not
image that how people working on channels can still keep color balance well
sicne you can not do the r,g,b simultanously. any tips there?

--
steven woody (id: narke)

Stills Photographer: You know double-O-7?
Bob: He drinks martinis, but all right.

        - Lost in Translation (2003)