On 8/13/05, Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 09:11:38PM +0200, Al Bogner wrote:
> > I have a lot of stillimages from a digicam and want to make a movie like
> > this:

> > My question is: can something like this short test-avi be done with
> > gimp-gap? I am not happy with image2raw and I think stills2dv is not my 1st
Yes, but only if configured properly.  It may be easier to simply use
a different program.

I highly suggest you build MPlayer with support for the images you're
reading, and then use mencoder to create the AVIs.  Read the MPlayer
man page for details.  The example is near the bottom, it uses jpegs,
but can be adapted to use pngs.

BTW, ? wildcards (in addition to * wildcards) work with mencoder -- at
least on my system they do.  But I built my own mplayer, and
downloaded every single dev package for still file formats I could
find (libpng-dev, liblzo-dev, etc...).  And I run Debian
(unstable/testing).  *shrugs*

--
~Mike
 - Just my two cents