Bruno Postle <bruno <at> postle.net> writes:

> If you want to make use of the higher dynamic range of the RAW
> image, dcraw can output a 16bit per channel ppm instead.  Though if
> you want to edit it you have to use cinepaint or wait for the gimp
> developers to finish GEGL.

dcraw is nice, but ufraw gives You ability to make decisions on fly.
I found that the version 0.5 available from their site (there is a link to FC4
RPM-s) works, but doesn't include the command line tool and it did manage to
mess the image data up somehow when sending it to gimp.
So I built a latest CVS version for FC4.
Grab it here:
ftp://ftp.smartlink.ee/pub/RPMS/ufraw-0.5cvs20051025-1.cyb.i386.rpm

Works well with my CR2 files from EOS350D