peer miaskowski wrote:
Hi list!

Is it possible to do with the gimp (automatically?) what www.scanR.com does?

I'm not sure you would want it to. Seems the primary function of scanr is scanning and sending, neither of which is native to GIMP. At least I don't think so. I do see that it cleans up the image, but I suspect that's a lot of propaganda. They'll certainly show you the best efforts the software makes.

I doubt there's any software that is going to 'magically' align and correct errors in a photographed document. Really, how does it know what's a shadow verses a border or such?

I'd suggest you're probably better off sending the image with your phone to an email and then cleaning it up by hand.

--
Until later, Geoffrey