In the process of learning Gimp (ongoing project), I've wondered about
the absence of books dedicated to it, at least since 2001 or
thereabouts. I am therefore intrigued to (finally) see a new title,
now preannounced on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1590595874/104-2820490-0282337

<Humorous aside> As a suggested purchase, Amazon pairs it with
O'Reilly's Pocket Reference (2000), documenting Gimp 1.2 </>

Yes, I realize the author actively participates in this ML.

Though I realize there are many useful tutorials around, a
well-written, well-edited manual and reference work will be very
useful, and I look forward to seeing this work when it appears in
April.

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam