>  I have tried printing from gimp to my
> Epson Stylus Photo 1280, with horrible results--the colors are off by
> a significant amount.

I also had rotton results:
I use SuSE 10
epson color stylus 3000
gimp 2.2.7
I forgot what driver (hsn't been installed in over a yr), but it was the
latest gimp one. I switched printer VERY quickly to my win laptop in
frustration. I use my card readers & old cards to transfer files that
need GOOD color...photos, posters booklets etc, a read PITA.

I would love the not have to move files back & forth.

--
Gracia...Cooleemee, NC   Registered Linux user #263390 - SuSE 10 Pro
My country, right or wrong. If right, to be kept right, if wrong, to be