Specifically I don't like the ctrl-L thing to type a path in - I frequently use a file browser or shell that I can copy a path from and paste into the open dialog of most applications I use. Until last month I didn't even know about the ctrl-L option.

In a more philosophical sense I don't like that it's different from the rest of the file open/save dialogs on the OSes that I use. I use KDE and Windows and I love that I can get the Gimp in both. I don't like that in both of those environments I have this application that acts differently to do the same job.

It's not just the Gimp, I have the same complaint about the File Open/Save in Blender3d and all those Windows apps that think Open/Save needs to be redone.

PS: It seems hard to discuss this kind of issue without starting a war, but please read all my statements in the friendliest (but not, of course, sarcastic) voice that you can imagine ;-)

George Farris wrote:
On Thu, 2006-02-03 at 12:00 -0800,