Not sure if this is exactly what you mean, but there's a tutorial at http://www.yorkspace.com/2005/08/28 on fitting digital pictures into one of those collage frames with a bunch of different sized holes in it.

hth

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi!

I would like to make a poster out of a picture, but not in one piece. I have
many small frames hanging on a wall and I would like to place one part of the
original image in each frame, in such a way that when all the frames are placed
side by side the original picture would appear.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could split an image into an
arbitrary number of pieces, specifying at the same time the size of those
pieces?

Thanx a lot!

Vassilis.

Rob Russell