On 5/30/06, Dan Giel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,
I am new to gimp and am having trouble removing unwanted objects from
digital photos.  I have tried CLONE, Erasure etc, but to no avail.
Where can I go to find information to remove unwanted objects from
pictures. Hope someone can help.

There are lots of different ways of doing this. I would suggest learning all about masks. Using a mask makes it easy to recover a detail if you  mask off more than you intended. I would also highly recommend a graphics tablet for this kind of work. Here are some tutorials - you can search for
"gimp mask tutorial"  to find more.

http://www.gimpguru.org/Tutorials/ReplaceForeground/
http://www.gimpguru.org/Tutorials/SimulatedDOF/