Michael,

On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 20:18 +0100, Michael Schumacher wrote:
> Philip Rhoades wrote:
>
> > The anti-aliasing seemed to help a bit but 1200 res did not seem to make
> > much difference (except for slowing down gimp dramatically) . . would it
> > have something to do with not converting the Frutiger fonts cleanly?
>
> Do you look at the image at a zoom level of 100%?

Yes, you are correct - when I zoom to 100%, the fonts are smooth - now I
am confused - why do the fonts look smooth in xpdf and bitty in gimp
when the characters are about the same size on the screen?

BTW, do you drive fast cars for a living?

Regards,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited  (ACN 003 252 275  ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW      2001
Australia
Mobile:  +61:(0)411-185-652