On 12/19/06, Toby Haynes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Anthony Ettinger wrote:
> > Anyway, instead of flaming, how about some suggestions:
> >
> > Gimpressive
> > Gimpression
> >
> Out of all the many suggested (re)names, these two are the only two I've
> ever seen and liked. Maybe because many GNU and GNOME programs already
> have a leading G in the name, leaving G-Impressive and G-Impression as
> the result, while still keeping a solid nod at the original GIMP acronym.
>
> If the GIMP developers finally get fed up with all the arguments about
> the name :-) one of the above two would get my vote.
>
> Cheers,
> Toby Haynes

I tried both, but since I'm using GIMP all the time i foundthe
photoshop interface mostly chaotic. But I'm sure it must be the same
for people who pass from PS to GIMP. Most people are complaining about
the amount of windows the GIMP opens, but then virtual desktops handle
this problem with ease and even turn it into an advantage.

As for learning PS or GIMP... i wonder how many students can afford to
buy PS and also how many will really use all the tools that are in PS
and not in GIMP. (apart adjustment layers, they are great and I wish
they were in GIMP)

Speaking about Gimpression, it could be taken as a copy of the MS
Expression at the time being. I think it is a great name, but people
tend to exaggerate when it comes to "stealing".