On 1/9/07, Shawn Willden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Monday 08 January 2007 23:10, Steven Woody wrote:
> > in Photoshop, there is a tool 'adjustment layer', what's the
> > equivalent in Gimp? thanks.
>
> GIMP doesn't have any equivalent.  I believe it's in the plan for future
> releases.  I know the new graphics engine will make adjustment layers very
> simple to implement, so I wouldn't expect to see them implemented before the
> new engine goes in, and I would expect them to be implemented very soon
> after.
>
> For now, you just have to make the adjustments directly on your image layer.
> I usually copy the image layer before applying an adjustment to it, in case I
> decide to remove the adjustment.
>
>         Shawn

thanks for all the information, but i still expect the adjustment
layer to be available in the future releases. anyway, adjustment layer
is not wholly in function equal to duplicate a layer.

-
woody

--
woody

then sun rose thinly from the sea and the old man could see the other
boats, low on the water and well in toward the shore, spread out
across the current.