On Monday 26 February 2007 00:35, Dave M G wrote:
> GIMP Users,
>
> Because of the nature of my work, I have to repeat the same set of
> commands over and over again. These commands are:
>
> 1. Create a selection from a path (I don't know if there's a
> keyboard shortcut for this)
> 2. Select->Sharpen to remove any anti-aliasing (again, I don't know
> if there's a keyboard shortcut for this)
> 3. Fill with foreground colour ([ctrl+,])
> 4. Deselect the selected area ([ctrl+shift+a], or [ctrl+d] under my
> current settings)
> 5. Delete the path (which I currently do by selecting a different
> tool and then selecting the path tool again - I'm sure there's a
> better way)

Hi Dave

I am in a bit of a hurry now, but tin the GIMP there are 2 ways of
assigining shortcuts to any desired action
.

Please, click in <Toolbox>->File->Prefrences and interface and read
the instructions on "Dynamic Keyboard shortcuts"  or just go from
there to a shortcut assignment interface.

Also, you should consider makig a script - either in script-fu or
gium-fu to repeat this sequence - it is actually easy, if you see
some ofthe .py and .scm files taht come with the GIMP, and check the
Procedure Database in <Toolbox>->Xtns->PDB Browser

Regards,
        js
        -><-