I have a recent download of Gimp 2.3.13 on a Slackware Linux system
using fc-cache for fonts. However Gimp may use something else.

The 3d outline Script Fu appears to want the RoostHeavy font by
default. AFAIK I don't have this font on my system.  When I use the
font selector  on the 3D screen it shows RoostHeavy as the default
but the results do not resemble the RoostHeavy font I see on the
internet. And when I use that same font selector to search available
fonts RoostHeavy is not one of the choices. So I have to assume that
the script fu substitutes another font silently.

Can anyone suggest what the substituted font might be?

I have downloaded a TTF version of Roost Heavy.  Where should I put it
so that Gimp can find it? In amongst my X11 fonts?

--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting

Need personalized email and website? Look no further. It's easy
with Doteasy $0 Web Hosting! Learn more at www.doteasy.com