On Saturday 09 June 2007 06:07, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2007-06-09 at 12:00 +0200, ASJF wrote:
> > I can't open it with other programs...
> > (I have also tried to open it with my favourite emacs... but it
> > contains only "@@@@@@....@@@@@").
> > It is a jpeg file because it comes from a cdrom that contains
> > only jpeg files (pictures). I think it has been corrupted during
> > the burning... there are some other one like this one, but not
> > all...
>
> It will be extremely difficult to recover any image data from such
> corrupted files. You could try
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/recoverjpeg/ but I doubt that it will
> help in this case.

Try renaming it so the the suffix is eliminated. Then try calling it
up in various programs that recogize multiple file formats, like XV
or even Gimp. Maybe the program will recognize the format based on
the preamble.   And maybe not.

John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting
Satisfaction guaranteed.