I think in PS CS2  you can compensate (roughly) for actual lens
distortions like barrel, pin-cushion, vignetting as well as key stoning
(the last, you can do easily in GIMP)

This company claims to actually have distortion profiles and lots of
lenses to do specific corrections
http://www.dxo.com/en/photo