Some people only know the definition they learned from "Pulp fiction".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimp_%28sadomasochism%29

2007/6/24, Jon Cosby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Kim Johansson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In another topic on this list, the discussion went about the name being
> offending and a problem when attracting new users and for the users, the
> name could mean that they have a hard time attracting clients. Here in
> Sweden, the name is just confusing for most people.

Somebody help me on this one. What is derogatory in GIMP? Dictionary.com
has several definitions, including "spirit, vigor, or ambition". Nothing
that might be construed as offensive. Am I missing something?

Jon Cosby