----- Original Message -----
From: "Sven Neumann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jürgen Hubert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <Gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 10:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP and tilt sensitivity

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 22:08 +0200, Jürgen Hubert wrote:
>
>> I tested it again, and it seems that this only happens when I use the Ink
>> tool with the Intuos (1) tablet (whether I use the pen tool or the Intuos
>> mouse) - when I use my regular mouse instead, I can use the Undo
>> function.
>
> That is very strange as it shouldn't make any difference. Have you had a
> look at the Undo dialog?

When I click on "Undo" in the Undo dialog, the dialog moves up to the

I've tested this some more, and it seems that this effect isn't actually
limited to the Ink tool - the other drawing tools have the same effect. But
I've uncovered another hint:

When I use the "fuzzy stroke" or "hard edged pixels" to paint swift strokes,
then I end up with a single brush image some time after the main stroke has
ended:

http://juergen.the-huberts.net/img/Test.jpg

That last dot _can_ be reversed with "Undo", but the main stroke can't.

I was wondering if this effect was only limited to GIMP, so I called up
Microsoft Paint (the first time I've ever done that...) - and it worked just
fine there.

I suspect this bug is also the reason why I can't use the "color gradient"
tool - it shows the starting point and the end point as well as a line
between the two, but the gradient isn't actually painted.

Does this help?

- Jürgen Hubert

Free Portraits Gallery
http://juergen.the-huberts.net/1hp/main.php