> > The printer I have is said to be capable of printing on a CD or DVD. I
> > wondered if it were possible to prepare and print images using Gimp and,
> > if so, how would one go about the task?
>
> Take a look at glabels.  I don't know what kind of layout you must
> produce in order to print directly to the cd/dvd, so that might be an
> issue here as well.
>
> What I do is create art work with Gimp then import it into glabels for
> printing on cd/dvd labels.  Again, it'll depend on what kind of layout
> the printer expects when printing directly to the cd/dvd.

I have considered printing labels using glabels which seems to be quite
a useful piece of software for producing all sorts of labels. Glabels
certainly provides such a good range of templates that one is spoilt for
choice. My reason for pursuing the print to DVD approach is that I only
want one label per DVD and the templates appear to give two the same. I
must look further.

Norman