Jan Tomasek wrote:
> Shooting in RAW is just same as into JPEG on Nikon, saving to memory
> card is done in background, but because of bigger size of file camera's
> buffer is able to hold only 2-3 images and after that you have to wait.

Just to clarify that: the similarity is in the file saving, otherwise
saving to RAW still saves more info, right?

It's just, I haven't got Gimp to do RAW yet (but I will, now you've
pointed out the plugin below). I won't bother if there's no difference
in the file quality.

> Gimp have limitation on 8bit per color channel, that is shame because
> cameras are usualy producing 12bit. Other software like Adobe
> Photohoshop is able to work in 16bit, but that adds another expences to
> your hobby.

I'm sure I read there is a professional version of The Gimp which
provides more bits. I don't know how that compares price-wise with
Photoshop.

Those pics are very nice, Jan :-)

Cheers