vt ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> I make only one layer for purpose of experiment and try to work on it.
> Nothing changes. And nothing changed in clone tool options. I've
> installed Gimp from Debian repository. I'll try to restart computer
> just in case new updates are still not working or smth, but I doubt it
> would help.

Restarting the computer won't help. Doubleclick the clone tool to get
the tool options visible if they're not visible already. Then click the
bottom right button with the yellow arrow on it to reset it to the
defaults. Then select Select->None to make absolutely sure that there is
no selection left for some reason.

Does the clone tool still refuse to work?

Bye,
        Simon
--
              [EMAIL PROTECTED]              http://simon.budig.de/