--- gimp_user <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ...[GIMP] does not have an interface that makes for an easy user
> transition from the industry PS standard it is not a tool that is
> ready for adoption by high quality image makers.

I would disagree with this.  I use both PS and GIMP and thanks to PH I
had no problems learning GIMP's UI.  Of course, your millage will vary.
 In fact, there are more similarities than differences:

   o Each has a palette of editing tools on one side of the screen
   o Each has additional tool palettes on the other side (e.g., layers)
   o And each has a main image window

The UI differences, IMO, are minor:

   o Distinct windows for palettes and image window
   o Options moved from top of window to below editing tools
   o Image window enhanced with its own menu bar.

Even most of the icons are similar to Photoshop.  Unless your brand new
to Photoshop, I don't see the problem.