Leon Brooks GIMP <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said on Sep 30, 2007 16:51 -0400 (in part):
On Sunday 30 September 2007 20:10:46 Sven Neumann wrote:
> The application can already add bookmarks and GIMP 2.4
> already makes use of this feature in some places. I am not
> convinced though that this would be a good way to solve the
> problems brought up the user who started the thread.

I am imagining a short drop-down history of places one last saved
things, preferably with a shortcut key (Ins? Who knows?) which
will instantly recall the most recent one.
Is any one familiar with Windows-only File-Ex http://www.cottonwoodsw.com ? (It has a 30-day trial period)

IMO it turns the standard windows File-Open File-Save dialogs into things of beauty. If Gimp's (aka GTK+ do I have the relationship correct?) Open-Save dialogs could emulate that cross-platform I think it would be ideal! (And satisfy everything Leon has asked for.)

Full disclosure - I did a lot of beta-testing for this in its upgrade from Win9x to Win2K/XP and am perhaps biased. Note: author has recently added a note that its not Vista-ready (and may or may not ever be :-( ). That alone is sufficient to keep me on WinXp as long as possible.

Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail