I see that some modifier keys perform two different functions when
used in conjunction with the select tools. Shift with the ellipse
selector, for instance, forces circles if held while dragging. If it
is held while releasing the mouse button, then it is used for adding
to the selection (as opposed to replacing the selection). This dualty
of shift's behaviour is troublesome. For instance, if I want to add to
the current selection, but I do not want to force a perfect circle,
how can I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com