Geoffrey wrote:

> I guess you missed the reference to the fact that ALL the work put
> into GIMP is done by the developers on their time.

I put in many years as one of the primary list admins for an open source
project's -users list (similar to gimp-user) and -dev list, organizing
and adding to the the FAQ, answering questions on both lists, writing
documentation, submitting bug reports, feature requests, and proposing
UI improvements.  I'm quite aware of how open source projects are
developed, and I've paid my dues volunteering.  I have a right to give
my feedback when I feel an OS project is misguided and has overlooked
critical aspects of design such as consistent tool use (backwards
compatible), intuitive UI, and good documentation.

jc