"Alchemie foto\\grafiche" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said on May 19, 2008 17:57 -0400 (in part):
Cal wrote:
> What do I need to do, that allows pictures to
> automatically open through GIMP whenever I click on
> them?
To browse images Gimp is not too handy,
could be adapted for simple batch corrections but that require install extra
plugin or script

Both xnview and irfanview may do batch process out of the box and all basic
correction you may imagine often even in automatic mode.(automatic
contrast,automatic level, equalization....)

Gimp is for more advanced works, can do also that basic things ,of course,but since are
simple things will not do "better" only more slowly(more slowly working with
several images...time will be the same on a single pic,but then pass to the next to edit
will be quite more slow)

What Gimp will do much better is real imagine editing, where may be needed
lmanipulation of layers, layermask,create complex selections,feather
selections...
Everyone has there favorite image viewer. My own is (free) FastStone Image Viewer. You can set it as the "owner" of common image formats then in Settings-Programs set program to "gimp-win-remote" (browse to it in your Program Filers/Gimp folder) then set parameters to : gimp-2.4.exe (filename)

Now when ever an image is displayed in FastStone keyboard "E" will open the file in Gimp (starting Gimp if its not yet open)

Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail