Hi,

On Sat, 2008-10-04 at 16:36 -0400, John Culleton wrote:

> I note in the explanation that there is no mention of using CMYK color
> model, beyond what is already available in the preview feature.  Is
> manipulation in the CMYK model in the works for some time in the
> future?

No one is actively working on it and it is not considered a high
priority feature. Working in the CMYK color model is not important for
the product vision of GIMP. It might perhaps be implemented one day, but
I don't see that happening anytime soon.

What might happen is better support for CMYK separation. But that only
gives you CMYK export, it doesn't enable you to work in the CMYK model.

>   Does the move to GEGL smooth the path to CMYK in some way?

Yes, it definitely makes it easier. But it doesn't come all by itself.

Sven