On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 11:24 PM, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> My background color is as default white and i seldom change that
>> but all my png if converted to jpg get a black background
>
> Could you perhaps explain to us how exactly you convert a PNG to a JPEG?

I was able to reproduce the problem here, too. (Windows XP, Gimp
2.6.1) I created a new image with a transparent background painted
some red strokes on it an saved it as PNG. Then I closed and reopened
the image and saved it via File->Save As... (I just replaced the png
with jpeg). Before that I set the background colour to green and the
foreground colour to  blue. The result was an image with an black
background.

Regards,
Tobias