The only way I can describe this problem is while Gimp is open
something resembling a gray'ed out "dialog" box will appear out of
nowhere, flash for a second and then disappear. Its really frustrating
is actually starting to give me a headache. I've tried searching all
over the place for the reason as to why this is happening to me, but
have come up completely clueless.
I have this happen in Gnome, Enlightenment with either Ubuntu or
Fedora, so this has got to be something simple. Please help me!!

P.S. I've tried taking screen capture of this bug, but it doesn't show
up when its turned on! WTF????