Joshua McGee ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote (in part)  (on 2008-11-10 at
15:25):
 I sell postage stamps.  For inventory photos, I scan whole
 "stocksheets" (black backing, acetate strips to hold the stamps) with
 the stamps in place, then use GIMP to cut out the individual stamps
 for listing.

 Right now, I draw a rectangular selection around each stamp, then
 CTRL-C, CTRL-SHIFT-V, CTRL-SHIFT-S, type a name.  I can do this
 pretty quickly, but my wrists would thank me if there were a way to
 bind this series of keypresses to one keystroke, or to have a sort of
 "Copy to" like the old Windows Paint program had.

 Sorry if this is a ridiculously easy question.

see Guillotine - http://docs.gimp.org/en/plug-in-guillotine.html

draw guides to separate individual stamps as desired then use: <image>/Transform/Guillotine to create individual images

Having done that you will probably want to save all created images.

Saul Goode wrote "script-fu-save-all-images" see: http://www.nabble.com/Save-all-opened-files-with-ONE-click,-or-with-script...-td13893653.html
I don't think this has an official home anywhere?

--
Regards ... Alec   ([EMAIL PROTECTED] & WinLiveMess - [EMAIL PROTECTED])

create individual images<br>
Having done that you will probably want to save all created images. <br>
Saul Goode wrote "script-fu-save-all-images" see:
http://www.nabble.com/Save-all-opened-files-with-ONE-click,-or-with-script...-td13893653.html<br>
I don't think this has an official home anywhere?<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">-- Regards ... Alec ([EMAIL PROTECTED] &amp; WinLiveMess - [EMAIL PROTECTED])</pre>