Friends:

OK. Windows XP platform. GIMP 2.6.2 is installed, and help file (2.2.4)
is installed. But when I start GIMP, and try to access local help, I get
a message in the preferences warning me that "the user manual is not
installed locally". Shut down GIMP, locate user manual at
GIMP-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\help\en.

Restart GIMP, still have message "the user manual is not installed
locally".

Examined preferences, and don't see any place to point the GIMP help
system to the appropriate folder. I know how to work around it, but I'm
wondering if there is a configuration setting I'm missing that would
point to the folder containing the GIMP local help files.

ns